Algebra II Part 2 continues to build on the algebraic foundations learned in Algebra II Part 1. The course also covers rational expressions, roots and radicals, operations with complex numbers, and quadratic equations. In addition, students explore trigonometric functions, sequences and series, probability, and matrices.
It is recommended that students successfully complete Algebra II Part 1 or equivalent course work before enrolling in this course.
Unit 1: Essential Content and Skills.
- Use a formula for finding the nth term of a sequence.
- Identify and generate arithmetic sequences.
- Analyze and generate geometric sequences.
- Write and evaluate an arithmetic series.
- Evaluate a finite geometric series.
- Observe an infinite geometric series.
- Calculate measures of central tendency.
Unit 2: Essential Content and Skills.
- Find the standard deviation of a set of values.
- Examine sample proportions.
- Use a normal distribution.
- Identify properties of the sine, cosine, and tangent functions.
- Evaluate reciprocal trigonometric functions.
- Use the Law of Sines.
- Apply the Law of Cosines.
Unit 3: Essential Content and Skills
- Identify matrices and their elements.
- Organize data into matrices.
- Solve matrices
- Break down nth roots.
- Tabulate radical expressions.
- Break down expressions with rational exponents.
Unit 4: Essential Content and Skills
- Solve functions.
- Find the inverse of a relation or function.
- Visualize exponential growth and decay.
- Use inverse variation.
- Break down rational expressions.
- Solve rational expressions.
- Prentice Hall Algebra 2 (textbook)
*Available as an iText course