Spanish I Part 2 will continue to provide the student with a strong foundation in the Spanish language and a sound study of Spanish cultural influences. In this course, students will learn to describe their families and express needs and desires when shopping or eating in a restaurant. Students will also learn irregular, present tense verb forms and common preterite tense verb forms. Lessons are presented in a fun, interesting format that promotes learning and draws a link between the classroom and real-world situations.
It is recommended that students successfully complete Spanish I Part 1 or equivalent course work before enrolling in this course.
These courses include auditory comprehension assessments that require students to listen to audio files and to record themselves speaking. For these courses, it is essential that students have either a headset equipped with a microphone or access to an internal microphone within their computers.
Unit 1: Essential Content and Skills
- Ask and tell ages.
- Express possession.
- Discuss family celebrations.
- Describe family members and friends.
- Order a meal in a restaurant.
- Examine cultural perspectives on family
Unit 2: Essential Content and Skills
- Describe bedroom items and electronic equipment.
- Make comparisons.
- Identify rooms in a house.
- Name household chores.
- Tell where you live.
- Examine cultural perspectives on different types
Unit 3: Essential Content and Skills
- Discuss clothes, shopping, and prices.
- Describe your plans.
- Discuss what you want and what you prefer.
- Point out specific items.
- Examine cultural perspectives on shopping and
- Tell what happened in the past.
- Use direct object pronouns.
Unit 4: Essential Content and Skills
- Describe places to visit while on vacation.
- Discuss events in the past.
- Discuss volunteer work and ways to protect the
- Express opinions about media entertainment.
- Discuss things you have done recently.
- Ask for something and tell what something is
- Discuss knowing people or knowing how to do
- Prentice Hall Realidades 1 (textbook and workbook)
*Available as an iText course