Math 6 Part 2 includes discussions of ratios and solving proportions. Geometry concepts such as triangles, angles, perimeter, and area will also be covered. As the course progresses, students will learn about circles, 3-D figures, surface area, and the volume of different prisms. Finally, students will explore graphing and determine how integers are used in real-world situations.
It is recommended that students successfully complete Math 6 Part 1 or equivalent course work before enrolling in this course.
Unit 1: Essential Content and Skills
ratios of different situations.
- Solve proportions and find unit rates.
- Apply proportions to scale drawings.
- Estimate with percents and convert between fractions, decimals, and percents.
- Examine concepts of geometry with points, lines, segments, and rays.
- Classify and solve for angles.
Unit 2: Essential Content and Skills
- Identify special pairs of angles.
- Classify triangles based on angles and side lengths.
- Describe congruent figures while finding lines of symmetry and transformations.
- Convert between units in the metric system.
- Find the perimeters and areas of rectangles, parallelograms, and triangles.
Unit 3: Essential Content and Skills
- Examine circles and find the circumferences of circles.
- Identify and classify 3-D figures.
- Find the surface areas and volumes of rectangular prisms.
- Fine the surface areas and volumes of cylinders.
- Use tree diagrams and the Counting Principle to solve problems.
- Examine probability and experimental probability while applying this to making predictions from data.
Unit 4: Essential Content and Skills
- Examine positive and negative numbers as they appear on a number line.
- Solve equations containing integers.
- Apply integers to profit and loss situations.
- Solve one-step and two-step equations involving integers.
- Chart functions using a coordinate plane.
- Prentice Hall Mathematics (textbook)
*Available as an iText course